Date:
Thu, 5 Dec 1996 14:33:57 -0500
Hello Everyone,

Someone mentioned their fussy kids liking 2 different kinds of food and
asked how would be the best way to feed them.

Well, I'll tell you how I handle this, but keep in mind that many times I
have won "The Spoiled Ferret of the Week" award from the Brevard Ferret
Lovers Rescue (Well, always with the same ferret at least!).  My guys eat 4
different kinds at present.  I put the food in 3 different dishes for them
(and remember, these are NOT pet dishes, but rather are French White
CorningWear; Mr. Spoiled did not like the regular food dishes because they
were too tall and he didn't like having to put his neck all the way in...And
besides, the CorningWare are much prettier, which you know is important to a
ferret!  :) )

Okay, so we have 4 kinds in one dish, 2 kinds in another dish, and one in a
dish by itself, plus a water dish.  I guess you can tell I'm trying to
integrate the foods.  I used to have to have 4 dishes for food, but Mr.
Spoiled passed on last month.....He would only eat one kind of food, so he
always got his own dish with his own food in it.  And yes, he would attack
anyone who ventured near HIS dish.  I used to even keep his dishes in a
completely seperate place so the other guys could still eat out of their
dishes when they were running around.  Otherwise, he would chase them all
away when the dishes were together since he thought they wanted his food.
He also got to sleep in the silk shirts in the laundry basket, and I bought
him his own kitchen mat for feeding his Duck Soup (thanks TLE for the
recipe!), but I digress.

I guess you could try this: 3 dishes.  One for each kind and then mix them
both in the 3rd dish to try to get them switched over to the same thing.  At
any rate, even if they both still want to eat different foods, they can each
pick their favorite out of the bowl.  Or you can just spend the money and
buy them ALL the dishes they want.  And all my friends who don't have
ferrets wonder why I'm ALWAYS broke.  And for the ones who do have ferrets,
they never asked, because the answer was always "Mr. T".

Kathleen and the 4 bouncing fuzz balls
(and the 4 who passed over the Rainbow Bridge).