Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 21 Sep 1996 13:31:25 -0500
From:
Regina Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Hi all--
I'm kinda wondering whether ferrets and cats wouldn't be eating basically
the same sort of small mammals, bugs, etc in their original habitats, long
ago.  Wouldn't their guts have to be able to deal with similar input?  So, I
ask out of pure ignorance, is nutritional science so advanced that only the
appropriate proteins are extracted from the meat source and blended into the
food?  I honestly don't know-- I'm not trying to flame anybody.  I wish
quality ferret foods were available here, but there's just Hagen and some
repackaged no-name stuff with no ingredient list.

popcorn: Amelia loves it too, and will climb a standing person for it.  I
worry about the potential for choking on the hard left-over shells in each
kernal, or the potential for getting them caught in her gums (and we all
know how that feels!).  Sometimes I'll pick apart a kernal and give her just
the white parts-- nope, I don't spoil them much ;-)

Regina
Amelia ("Beulah, peel me another piece of popcorn")
and Cully, too tuckered out after his bath to say much

Regina Harrison
PhD Student, Anthropology
Joint Co-ordinator, AGSEM-- McGill's TA union
McGill University
Montreal, Quebec