From:
"John H. Duda" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Dec 1996 22:02:02 +0000
Hi there,

We recently inherited a new albino female and she's happy to join our
family.  (Whoever said having ferrets was like getting tattoo's sure hit the
nail on the head!) My question is this, she had been restricted as to the
amount she ate while at her previous owners home.  We keep food out for our
little ones all the time and they eat when they are hungry.  So far so good,
right?  I hope so...our concern is that the newbie eats outrageously!  She
has been porking out ever since she arrived.  Every time I turn around she's
back at the food bowl for long periods of time...eating as fast as she can.
Her little tummy just bulges out after she's eaten.  Should I allow this to
continue?  Everything else is perfect.  She's bouncy and plays with our
little babby ferret till they both poop out from wrassling around so long.
I just hoped you'd be able to give me some helpful hints on my little
pigette.  Thanks again!

Sandy

Sasha - "This furry ski cap makes a much better bed for me than it does
         a hat for you, besides..you look funny in it"
Bearbee - "I've welcomed the new lady..what else do you want?"
Bianca - "Wow....look at all this food...they put it out, they must want
me to eat it... I'm doing my best!"