From:
TwoSpooky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Dec 1996 00:14:30 -0600
Hello, all.  I am looking for three adoptees and I'm hoping someone on the
list can help out... here are the specifics:

(1) We are adding to our family and are interested in a little boy (we've
got three girls right now).  Color doesn't matter, nor does age as long as
the "magic number" isn't too old, but I don't think we can take in a fuzzy
with lots of health problems (the money and the heart just won't take it
:(), so health is a factor.  Behavior-wise, we'd prefer a sweet boy who
never nipped <g> but will take "less than angelic" <g again!> though we
would like a personable pet and can't take in a really incorrigible biter.
We need a boy who can be introduced to and get along with our three girls
and who can possibly share a (large) cage with the two younger ones (both
about 7 months old).

We live in Lincoln, NE, so anything within about a 4-hour drive radius is
ok.  Also, if anyone knows of any shelters we might get in touch with in
that radius, I'd really appreciate it if you'd let me know.

(2) The Folsom Children's Zoo in Lincoln, where my SO is a zookeeper, is
looking for two new education ferrets so that Trixxi, their current
education fuzzy, can continue to enjoy her peaceful retirement with us
(she's 7 now and has been here with us since October and I am terribly
attached -- unfortunately we lost her mate, Rikki, last month to cancer
:(:().  They are looking for a pair -- preferably male/female, but not
necessarily.  They must be in good health and very handlable, since they
will be education animals and will be held, cuddled, loved on, etc.  <g> by
many children.  They can't take any biters or excessively squirmy ferts.
Age is a factor, since they can't take any juveniles or older fuzzies -- I
would guess that 2 to 4 would be the perfect age.

The children *are* supervised closely when they handle the ferrets, and the
fuzzies are treated very well.  They get the best of care (my SO takes care
of them in the summer when they are at the zoo, so I can vouch for it!  :)
and in the winter when the zoo closes they stay at the house of one of the
keepers or volunteers (hence us winding up with Trixxi).  Anyone interested
in letting the zoo adopt from them is welcome to visit the zoo, talk to the
education folks and/or my SO or me, etc... Also, the zoo has a Delta Dash
account should the adoptees be too far away for us to pick them up.

If anyone has any leads on either of these, I'd appreciate it if you would
e-mail me privately.  Thanks.

-Tasha Mohr
"I dunno what to tell you, Mulder.  I  : Self-medication is the spice
just hope you're not implying that     : of life!  ...More pink ones,
you've come across an infestation of   : please...
killer cockroaches."                   :
                                       : "I don't know the *meaning* of the
      XX     XX                        : word 'surrender'!!... Uh, I mean I
        X   X                          : *know* it; I'm not *dumb*...just not
         X X                           : in this context."
"Do you think I'm spooky?"             :
         X X                           :
        X   X                          :
      XX     XX                        :   668 -- The Neighbor of the Be ast