From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Nov 1996 22:35:05 -0500
I want to thank some friends for standing by me today when I was at my
worst: Bob, Dodie, Bill.  For a while there it was all I could do to even
tap out words, and I was crying so much that I couldn't see the keyboard or
the screen.  Please, accept my apologies for being so self-indulgent.  All I
can say is that Meltdown's rapid decline in health hit me especially hard
because I'd made up a fantasy for myself that she was doing better than I
should have known she was doing.  Why I did it I don't know; I guess hope
just blinded me.

She's still here tonight, and for that I am very grateful.  Her tail and
rear feet are paler and pretty much all she does is sleep, but she still
eats a bit and drinks.  Most important of all she is not in pain.
Cardiomyopathy can be kind.

Today she's spent a lot of time on the phone long distance with Steve (as
have I), and the sweetest time was tonight.  After her meds I dialed him up
and she kept stretching up to the ear piece.  He'd talk and she'd reply but
he couldn't hear her.  Then she nuzzled the ear piece, and a bit later she
asked for the phone again and gave the ear piece one little sweet kiss.

Now she is tucked in again.  I had a fake fur bathrobe, but she's had it
for the past week -- I cut it up for her to help her stay warm.  It works
wonderfully so others with cold little ones may want to do the same.

The others are on their best behavior.  They are not paniced, though, so I
hope that means that Meltdown will still be here when Steve flies in
tomorrow.

Thanks for fixing up my errors, Bill.

There are good people here.
Sukie