From:
Howard Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Nov 1996 12:50:19 -0400
Mike Janke wrote:

>Some have asked why Angela (our shelter operator, club president, etc.)
>won't take the offers to ship some of the ferrets to shelters that are
>willing to take some off our hands.  The above story is the main reason.  It
>was tried once here and we had similar results.  I believe some think that
>Angela is only concerned with keeping her "pets" and is not thinking of the
>ferrets' best interest.  I don't think this could be any further from the
>truth.

I know how deeply distressing it must be to have an adoption go sour.
Still, there are many decent people out there, & I hope you all and Angela
will not let this one unfortunate incident discourage you from trying to
reduce your caseload and find permanent homes for the rest.  After all,
isn't that what sheltering is all about?  If you can't downsize the caseload,
that may mean the shelter is unable to rescue other deserving ferrets.

It may be helpful to other shelters to let them know the identity of the
party or parties that abused your trust.  We should not give them a second
chance to do so.