From:
"marie i. schatz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Nov 1996 06:17:45 -0500
I dont remember the name but I love the name Soldier Blue!  (though I feel
bad about the ferrets ears).

Mo Bob - I feel like we ought to send your dissertation about California to
the networks!  GO! GO! GO!

Mr Kllian: Regarding the number of shelter/rescue ferrets I think your
"only" must be different from my "only".

Anyone got a brand name or type of scale that works best for small animals?
I want to get one.

Last - BIG I don't know if you can print this.  But Dr. Brown on AOL has
been saying that a little heavy whipping cream is a good way to boost the
fat and calories for an ailing ferret and that contrary to common belief
that they tolerate small doses of lactose ok with no diarrhea (unless
they're sick and predisposed already).  Somebody posted a sort of scoffing
reply and another vet weighed in saying that she was absolutely right.
Apparently cream in insulomina patients is helpful for keeping their
calories up.  I went out and tried it on mine, just a tablespoon a piece,
with no ill effects.  The funny thing is Boris still seems to prefer skim
milk.  So this is a new snack!

Mary, Boris (this stuff is too thick!) and Giesela (mine is just right!)