From:
"Nancy L. Silvernale" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Nov 1996 07:47:57 -0500
Hi, Everyone!

I had to share with you what happened last night .. it's a first for us (has
anyone else experienced this?)

I was in the other room and heard some "NASTY" sounds coming from the
ferrets room.  So, I figured that my agressive male was picking on my little
female (again).

I go in there to impose some discipline when I realize that the sounds are
coming from Albert (the slow one who wasn't learning about what a HOT wood
stove meant from a previous posting) who had a ball (about the size of a
softball that's filled with fluff) in his mouth and when ANYONE went near
him he's start hissing, barking and growling!!

I couldn't believe it!  I've NEVER seen or HEARD this before with any of my
6!!  Never mind with the most laid-back, easy going, slowest one of them
all!

THEN ..  my agressive male decides HE wants the ball and latches on ..  so
now we have a tug of war with Albert making those awful sounds and trying to
pull it away.  So, my husband says "Pick him up".  I wasn't sure what he'd
do, but he just sat in my arms, while he's STILL latched on to the ball,
hissing at me!!

So, I gave him a big kiss and put him down so he could be Mr. Tough Guy some
more!!

I've seen my babies try to hide things or run away with them ..  but NEVER
have I seen/heard such protective "GO, AHEAD ..  MAKE MY DAY" ferocity!

I'm still laughing about it when I picture him from last night ..

I guess it was one of those times where any feelings you had about picking
poop up in the corner"S" for the up-teenth time ..  didn't matter anymore!!
and I wish I had a video camera to play back on those days when I need to
laugh a little!

Nancy