From:
Lynn Mcintosh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Nov 1996 21:01:19 -0800
What a long day.  Percy went in for exploratory today.  His hairlessness
and straining to urinate a bit, made him an adrenalectomy candidate.

His doc took a biopsy of the right adrenal.  The left was really tiny, he
said, and the right a bit larger.  If the situation were reversed he
probably would have taken out the left one.  Percy hadn't had the Tennessee
adrenal panel to confirm an adrenal problem.  I guess more evident adrenal
problems were expected.

He also had an enlarged mesentary gland, which sits right behind the stomach
and was about 1 1/2 inches.  It could be related to the ECE bout (we think
ECE) in August, during which Percy was the sickest of six ferrets.

A skin biopsy was also taken.  A skin scraping showed no problems this
morning, but the biopsy will be more thorough a check.

Please comment, or e-mail me privately, if you have any suggestions.

Ooops.  The patient is up.  I'm off to check him!

Thank you,

Lynn Mc.