From:
Marti Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Nov 1996 07:14:39 -0500
Hello Everyone,

Well it's been two days since we brought the two new fuzzies home from
Lancing.  One of the new ferrets was named Ajax, but we are re-naming him,
Bear, he is black and white, and looks just like a teddy bear!!!!!  I have
not ever seen such a hyper playfull dooking thing, my husband goes nuts
getting him all riled up, and watch Bear back up and take a flying leap at
him.  We laughed our heads off.  He is still young, and his bites are a
cross between bites/nips.  But my hubby is working with him, i am the girls
are a little timid to handle him tooo much.

Buford, the other ferret, we bought at the show from Elle Jensen, is a
sweetie, he was the one that bit and drew blood on my toe.  It seems he has
a thing with the smell of leather, my feet must of had leather smell on the
feet, or maybe he thought i needed to wash them!!!!, so wearing steel toe
boots while he is out and about is the safest thing to do.  When let out to
play, he tends to be more jittery, runs and hides, but does come out and
will let u pick him up.  He gives kisses.  He hasn't been able to
intermingle with our other 4 since he was nutered, and Elle suggested we
keep him separated for a week.

Our other 4 are doing fine.  we bought the lined back pack, and we carry a
ferret inside, hubby and i took a car ride last night, and i put Lucy
inside, and she only had her head sticking out, she wanted out, but I held
firmly, stroking her head, snd she drifted in and out of sleep.  Those back
packs, of course worn in the front, is going to be the greatest, it will
make bonding easier, and get them use to sleeping in your arms.  Buford
HATES it, he bit and drew blood at the show when we tried the new bag, but
then, it could be the fact he was not use to us yet.

Marti