From:
Tracy Tunnison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Nov 1996 23:33:54 -0500
Hi all!  It's been an exhausting weekend!  I just got home today (stayed in
Lansing an extra day to help with loose ends).  I guess I got struck by
ferret math as much as anyone else.  I ended up coming home with as many
ferrets as I went with.  I did manage to place Coco and Moka, my 2 blind
shelter ferts in a home together (Yea!!).  That was a big concern to me as
they had always been together and seemed to help each other a lot.  I also
placed one other shelter ferret.  Altogether, I placed 9 ferts in loving
homes.  Melissa got her little "Pepita" and I hope all is going well for
her.  Unfortunately, I was so busy, I got little time to spend with her and
her mother in person :(

All in all the show seemed a big success.  The crowds were a bit much at
times as we had such a large response.  I hope everyone who went had a good
time!  If anyone has any complaints at all, please let me know and I'll try
to make things right.

I have yet to read my FML's but was told someone had asked if they should
still pay their $6 to get in the door since no one was there to take their
money.  Since we planned to send as much of that money as possible to the
Morris Foundation for ferret rabies research, go ahead and send the money
directly to them.  And thanks for being being so honest!  Not many in this
world today would bother :(

I don't have the complete list of trophies presented yet, but will get them
tomorrow and post with all the winners instead of just the ones I know
about. Wouldn't want to leave anyone out :)

It was nice to see some FML faces there including Bill & Diane Killian,
Marti Smith, Melissa Litwicki, Melissa Taylor, and others.  Some people came
up to me and said "Hey, I've seen you on the FML".  Many, many lurkers out
here in Michigan!  Didn't get a chance to meet Mary Schatz (unless I talked
to you and didn't know who you were :().

All in all, I think everything went well and hope to see you all again at
our spring show.  I'll keep you updated and let you know as soon as a date
is set.  Maybe we'll get some more of you FML'ers up here!

BTW, Deborah Jeans was soooo nice!  I didn't find out til later, but she
waited a whole extra two hours for me to have some free time to talk to her
and have my books signed.  I had gotten two books for some girls in
California for her to sign also, and didn't want to miss out for their sake
as well.  What a nice lady!

Time to relax and play with the fuzzbeans!  My new German albino weighs in
at about 3 1/2 pounds at 14 weeks of age and he's already attached to me.
What a love-bug!

Bye for now, I'll post tomorrow with the trophy winners.
Tracy
Mid-Michigan Ferrets and Rescue
"Where the Fun Starts!"
GLFA Show Registrar