From:
"F. Scott Giarrocco" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Oct 1996 18:35:47 -0400
Let me step up to the soapbox once again.  For some time now, I've been
waiting for someone other than BIG to say something about the language
recently by some posters and most specifically evident in War Machine's
postings.  I am by no means unaquainted with the language War Machine
insists on using, nor am I a prude.  But, I do think there is a time and
place for everything.  The FML is neither for such language.  Remember, the
FML has a very wide readership -- there are children, as well as women
reading the FML and neither should be needlessly exposed to gutter talk
(Yes, I am from a different generation and have not yet left behind some
hope for a certain level of civility in the world).  Gutter and locker room
language should be left there.  The over use of profanity, IMO, is the
hallmark of a weak mind.

Moving to happier news, Anastasia the terrified rescue I took in last month
has finally overcome her fear of other ferrets.  When Anastasia first came
to me, the mere sight of another ferret (other than her long time cage mate
Boris Ferretloff) was enough to send her into a quivering, shrieking frenzy.
Thanks to Dixon, my deaf and slightly retarded badger, she has learned to
overcome her fear and on Sunday night uttered her first dook and took her
first clumsy war dance steps.  For the past two weeks Dixon has been
recovering from a nasty virus and slowly gaining his strength back.  For
some reason, Anastasia took to comforting Dixon when he was too weak to play
after recovering.  As he got stronger, Dixon stayed by Anastasia's side and
began to introduce her to the other ferrets.  As I saId, on Sunday night,
Anastasia willingly joined in the frolic with the other 12 ferrets and
seemed to have a wonderful time.  Which just goes to prove that just because
Dixon's mental faculties don't fire on all cylinders doesn't mean he doesn't
have some innate wellspring of ferret wisdom.

Scott and the Bakers Dozen

[Moderator's note: I had a personal rule on the FML: I'd never change the
wording of a post unless the original author asked me to.  All posts went
out as-is or not at all.  I have to admit though, I felt it necessary to
edit certain words in those War Machine posts, so there went my "rule".  But
I agree with the many comments I received - in the future I will simply ask
the poster to rewrite it.  BIG]