From:
Philip Langley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Oct 1996 17:40:33 +0800
A very nice young university student has been emailing me about information
on ferrets as she's planning to get one once her exams are out the way.

She managed to find this obscure reference on ferrets which I thought would
be fun to record. I know you Yanquis don't play cricket (or do you?) but
perhaps the Poms on the FML will enjoy it  :-]

>I have an obscure ferret reference for the FML if you'd like to mention it
>next time you post:
>In cricket slang, a very bad batsman is known as a ferret. This is because
>the ferret follows after the rabbit (slang for a fairly bad batsman).

Many thanks Wendy - now stop lurking and come join us, it's good fun!

G'dooks from West Oz

Nona
The Ferret Centre