Date:
Wed, 16 Oct 1996 16:07:53 EST
I received several nice calls from people who wanted to adopt Sweet George
the Alexandria rescue.  I just returned from a ten day vacation with both
ferrets and have decided to keep Georgie myself.  My world would have to
turn inside out before he leaves me.

Yesterday morning at 5 am he told me that he wanted to play, so I crawled
out of bed and took him into the living room with his toys.  I curled up on
the couch to keep one ear and one eye open on what he was doing, but not 5
minutes later he was up there beside me sound asleep.  He might be young,
but he recognizes a good nap spot like a pro.

So, now that I have Georgie and Azrael, a grumpy older free roam landlord
ferret who has been my constant companion for almost four years, I need to
find a nice cage for Georgie when I'm not home.  I'm ordering the
catalogues, but if anyone in the Washington DC area has a nice cage for
sale, I'm interested.

Last item, I have a good source for Totally Ferret for about $11/5lb.  Call
Pro-Feed in Alexandria and Springfield, Virginia.  There may be another
store in the area too.  Some of you could have this shipped from here and
still pay less than some of the prices I've heard.

Also, I drive to Ohio (and I think very close to Performance Foods) about
every six months and could make runs for TF is the price is good from the
manufacturer.  Drop offs could be made anywhere along I-70 East of Columbus,
the Pennsylvania Turnpike, and 270 South to DC.  I'll let you all know when
I'm going again, probably Easter.

Lorali J Barber
Editorial Assistant
301-530-7038