From:
Tracy Tunnison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Oct 1996 19:14:18 -0400
Hi all!  Just had to take a minute to address Jim March's post from
yesterday.  He stated that "some of the ferts just couldn't bundle up with
others, since there were a lot of unfixed males".  Now, I DO NOT condone the
treatment of these poor fuzzies, but I look forward to winter here because
it is the only time my intact hobs can be housed with other ferrets.  I
recently was able to pair up several of my hobs with cagemates, and boy were
they happy for the company.  I have heard of breeders whose hobs can play ok
with others while in season, but mine just seem to have one thing on their
mind during the breeding season.  Of course, they are still all fine with
me, so I'm their only play mate except when they are actually breeding.
Just another example of why people should not get into breeding until they
have all the facts, cause if a wanna be breeder didn't prepare to have hobs
caged separately, they could run into a housing problem.

Just my .02 for the day :)

Tracy and her fabulous, funny fuzzies
Mid-Michigan Ferrets and Rescue
"Where the Fun Starts!"