From:
"March, Jim" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Oct 1996 19:20:00 -0700
I just read your History of the Blackfoot on a website, LIFE I think.

Quite good, very detailed.  Minor point: you described the Wolverine as the
largest Mustelidae.  Don't they top out at around 80lbs or a tad over,
average closer to 60lbs, while the Brazillian Giant River Otter is closer to
150lbs?

Per a documentary I saw years ago, even wild Brazillian Giants are playfull
and non-agressive to humans...some divers were even romping with them
underwater and on a small beach.  I can just picture waking up in the Amazon
only to find this huge otter has your whole foot in his mouth; they seemed
extremely fert-like except *big*.