From:
Kirk Pearson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Oct 1996 11:22:54 -0600
Hi all,

Just wanted to pass along my very positive experience with the Morris Animal
Foundation.  When tle asked everyone to send in $1 for each ferret they
owned, I thought, what the heck, I'll send in $10 (I only own two ferrets,
but I could afford $10).  After I mailed the check I read Pam Grant's post
which said that donations of less than $100 will not be applied to a
specific fund.  Yesterday I got a letter from the foundation thanking me for
my donation to the Ferret rabies shedding study fund.  I guess they will
accept smaller donations to a specific fund anyway.  THANK YOU Morris Animal
Foundation!  Their brochure says that 100% of donations are applied directly
to their research funds.  They have a trust fund which takes care of all
administrative expenses.  Pretty neat!  Not many non-profit organizations
can say that.  I encourage everyone on this list to donate to the shedding
study so we can protect our fuzzies from deadly, needless rabies testing.

I do have one other piece of news to pass along.  6 weeks ago Michelle and I
experienced human math :-)  Our first human child, Connor Lee, says hello
(I'm sure he would if he could, anyway).  Our two fuzzy kids have shown a
little interest in him, but not much.  Mostly they just sniff his face and
tickle him with their whiskers.  They are more interested in stealing his
pacifiers (current score Dax 5, pacifiers 0 (and yes, we are doing our best
to end this game -- latex pacifiers could be dangerous to fuzzies if pieces
are broken off)) and wrestling in his car seat.  They also like the cloth
"hammock" under his stroller.

Take care everyone and give your kids (human and/or fuzzy) an extra hug
today.

Kirk (where's that Maggie Simpson sound coming from?)
Michelle (grr, we just bought that pacifier yesterday!)
Connor (WAHHHHHH! -- mmm, fingers!  *suck* *suck* *smack* *smack*)
Dax (hehe *smack* *smack* *suck* *suck* hehe)
Nikkei (huh?  did I miss something?)
waiting for enough snow to ski on in Denver, Colorado