From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Oct 1996 16:02:38 -0500
Things are moving right along now.  Does anyone have any old carrier(s)
laying around they don't want?  We can use medium size carriers and cage
cups for transporting the fuzzies.  If you do have one to send please
disinfect with bleach before sending.  I don't know how strong their little
immune systems are and we wouldn't want to expose them to anything.  I can't
promise they would be returned as they will go with the ferrets to their new
homes.  Our address for the carriers is: 611 Chestnut, Wamego KS 66547.
(Geez, I sure want a lot don't I.  :-))

The response has been wonderful!  Will tally up tonight what we have for
locations, transportation, and new parents, and post tomorrow. :-)  I can't
thank you all enough!

The 5 are all doing well.  What a joy it will be to see them do their
first ferret dance of joy and play in their first paper sack.  I know
that will be some time down the road but oh what to look forward to.

Someone asked about ECE, this was a closed colony and not exposed.  Kaye and
Lynda haven't seen any problems with the ones they have.  I am not taking
any home because of our ECE, besides if I took them home they'd have to stay
forever and they'd probably get tired of me hugging and kissing on them all
the time.  In fact, my group is tired of all the "extra" attention since
Sunday.  :-)

Tentative pickup is October 13.

The manager at Petland in Topeka is going to help with transportation and
he's also trying to round up food.

We've arranged with our vet for spays/neuters, vaccinations and checkups
with a health certificate.  And shortly after they will be ready to start on
their journey.

A word of caution to all that are adopting these little ones - the females
were bred several times a year so their life spans may not be as long as a
normal ferret.  They do not know how to dance the ferret dance of joy and
they have never played in a paper bag.  It will take lots of TLC and
patience to make them feel secure.  We are taking them from the only
environment they've ever known.  Everything will be new and perhaps
frightening to them.  If anyone that adopts one decides they don't want
them, please agree to let me know so we can arrange to bring them back to
me.  I don't want them to end up stuck in some cage for the rest of their
life after tasting love and life.

Hugs to all.  tle