From:
"Ferrets First Shelter, TX" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Oct 1996 18:01:48 -0400
Hey girl, you know I am here, ready, and willing to do anything I can to
help the ferrets of this "so-called breeder".  Gosh, I am so angry after
reading your story.  Am tempted to drive up there at this moment..but I
guess that's not feasible, since there are 35 here needing me.

I have already directed 'my share' of the shelter fund, as it is at present,
to go to you for these kids, we will get by here.  The kids you posted about
need help NOW!

I will be happy to take in some of these kids if it can be worked out.  Yes,
I have ECE, but things are calm at present, and you know the 'strain' (or
variety?  of ECE) here does not seem as bad as that you have been fighting.
I am confident I can handle it with no losses...however, I don't think I
should take any with apparent serious illness due to the ECE here, but any
reasonably healthy I will be happy to take in.  I would prefer females since
I have two whole males here already driving me batty, just don't think I
could take another male right now...but you know I will if there is no other
option.  I will even take the females with the worst temperament to work
with, that is no problem for me.  I always *make* the time to deal with
abuse cases no matter what, I think that is one of the most rewarding parts
of sheltering.  Finances here are definitely bad so I would need help to get
them spayed, but we can work out all these details later.  I am sure I can
think of a fund raiser here of some sort, I think my vet would help too, and
maybe give a "group spaying discount" or something.

I can drive part of the way there to pick them up.  I am in Texas, haven't
checked a map yet, but we can work something out, I don't think you are
"that" far away.  A fuzzy-lover, friend of mine (actually my roommate) will
be going to Lawton, OK with her boyfriend this coming Saturday, to return on
Sunday if someone could bring ferrets down and meet her somehow, she could
transport them here.  I don't know if you will have everything worked out by
then, buy perhaps.  If that won't work, perhaps we can set up a ferret-relay
with ferret folks between me and you to transfer them a few miles each and
then I can pick them up in OK or northern TX (I am just west of Dallas/Ft.
Worth).

I'll keep my thinking cap on, and let you know if I have any more ideas on
this one.  Sounds like we need cash more than anything to help these kids,
but I have alot of faith in the fmlers after the generosity they showed in
rescuing our dear little White Fang, I *know* with everyone's help that we
*can* get this coordinated!!

Thanks so much for helping these needy kids, and thanks for letting all of
us know about them so that we can help too.

Kisses to all the fuzzies.

Trish
Director, Ferrets First Rescue & Shelter......(Weatherford, TX)