From:
Kevin Conklin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Sep 1996 15:21:51 +0000
BIG DILEMNA!!!

Laz from day 1 doesn't use the litter pan.  He goes next to it instead.
Someone on the list suggested vinegar around the pan.  Well, that doesn't
work either.  I thought that when we first adopted him he couldn't use his
hind legs very well so we blamed the missing on that.  Now that he's gotten
the proper nutrition, he can climb stairs really well and when he plays, he
jumps.  So why does he avoid the litter pan?  Tozer and Rascal use it.  Even
in the cage at night, it seems he's too lazy to use the pan on the first
floor so he poops and pees on the second floor.  I've tried putting soft
towels to act like bedding in the spot and he poops on them.  Talk about
persistent!!  I even follow him and when he gets ready to go I put him in
the pan.  But he still doesn't learn.

I guess I should change his name from Lazarus to Lazy Boy!!  If anyone has
any suggestions, please let me know.  I'm getting really fustrated.

Darlene - Rascal (mom, got any more raisins???)
Tozer - (follow you , follow me, follow, follow, follow, I think I'm a cat)
Laz - (poop in the litter pan? so that's what it's for?!)