From:
"Philip D. Heppner" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Sep 1996 16:45:50 -0700
Hello FML,

Ferret induced (near) heart attack (FIHA) has struck again.

This morning, which will be yesterday by the time you all read this, I let
the two "Rug Rats" out to play as usual.  Nikita has been digging at the
carpet in a corner behind my TV set for some time now.  I've been trying to
stop her without any success.  (she's developed an immunity to vinegar)
Anyway, after shower & a shave I looked for both Scooter & Nikita to play
with.  Scooter came right up to me but Nikita is nowhere to be found which
is the exact opposite of normal so I knew something was wrong.  After
checking every spot possible in my small apartment, I called for 'Kita and
whistled like I do every time I give them Ferretone.  After a few seconds, I
heard scratching behind the TV set.  I looked in the corner and heard more
scratching but no 'Kita.  I pulled back the corner of the carpet and there
she was.  Apparently, there is a gap between the floor boards and the wall
where 'Kita (a.k.a.  "Stinker" as of now) had gotten down into the rafters.
LUCKILY, she came when I whistled.

FIHA - it's not just a near fatality - it's an experience (to be avoided)

BTW - I attended the Minnesota Ferret Association Fall Fun Fest this weekend
and met some of the other members and got to meet Bob & his wife whom I've
E-mailed on several occasions.  What a great group.  It was mentioned that
there were about 80 ferrets present!  A good time was had by all.  Thanks to
the MFA members who set it up - I had a great time.

Finally, I've gotten several E-mails wanting to find out about the $56.50
plus S&H three level cage from Safeguard.  The number to get a catalog is:
1-800-433-1819 Safeguard Products, Inc.

Regards,

Phil & The "Dooks" of Hazard