From:
Bruce Sedloff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Sep 1996 17:16:34 -0600
Hello, I am a new subscriber with three ferrets.  Two are doing great and
living in my classroom.  My students love them and the ferrets love the
attention.  My third ferret was purchased because we miss our two weasels
that are at school.  We bought this new ferret, Mieko, from a family that
had no idea how to care for him.  He was skin and bone and has fleas.  I
have been feeding him ferret food, ferretone, and vitamens and he is putting
on weight and gaining energy.  He does, however, have fleas and bite marks
on his back from fleas (I guess).  I have seen a couple of fleas.  My
question is, what can I use on Mieko to kill the fleas, and could there be
anything else bothering him.  I live in the Kenosha, Wisconsin area and
don't know if there is a good ferret/veterinarian resource near here.

Thank you for your advice/help.
Ann/Bruce at [log in to unmask]