From:
Date:
Mon, 16 Sep 1996 22:36:40 -0700
We were away at the Big Apple Ferret Fiesta for the weekend.  I'll send
an account of that soon.  Good meeting several of you.  Good re-meeting
several more.

>From:    Joanie Williams <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Cuddly ferrets
>I have found that the degree of cuddliness varies with individual ferrets.
>However, I agree with Celia Varga that the more freedom your ferret has, the
>more ready he will be to snuggle up on your lap.

Just like everything else in ferrets this is very different between ferrets.
My fathers ferret would have nothing to do with him while she was a free
roaming ferret.  Nothing.  Wouldn't even wave on her way past.  Once he got
tired of cleaning up after a ferret that wouldn't talk to him, he got a nice
cage for the ferret.  Once she lived in the cage she was extremely happy to
get out and cuddle and romp with him on his sofa.  She became MUCH more
affectionate and a good pet.  There are no absolutes in dealing with ferrets
personalities I guess.  Maybe plenty of freedom without being too much.

>From:    Marti Smith <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Transporting Ferrets from Florida to Michigan
>Hello, if anyone has information about transporting 2 ferrets from Florida
>to Michigan, a inexpensive way I would appreciate the info.

Check into Delta Dash.  We've only used it one time and were satisfied with
the care of the animals.  We find it twice as expenesive as "cargo" but well
worth it to keep the ferrets in terminal counter to terminal counter far
preferable to cargo sitting on a runway.

>From:    "Shelly C. Ellis-Blackwell" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: ?s: triple coupler, wood stove pellets
>I've been looking for a triple coupler so I can walk all 3 of our guys at
>once with the same leash (don't laugh!). All I'm finding are double ones.

Use two doubles.    o
                   / \
                  o   F
                 / \
                F   F

Sure one gets a shorter roam area though....  { So Big is that a pain to
edit in?  [No problem to edit.  BIG]

>I also remember that someone had good luck with wood stove pellets.
>Am I remembering correctly? Does it turn to mush? Easy to scoop?

Turns to "sawdust".  Cheap enough that you don't have to scoop.  Just toss
it when you feel like it.  Wood stove store.  Should be some somewhere
near you if you are in Missouri.  I was born in St. Louis by the way...

>From:    Michael Ulik <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: fuzzy math
>She is mostly white with some black around her sholders (what color is she
>called?).

Bunch of different names.  Choose your favorite.  Is she is something like
90% white she is a Dark Eyed White Pattern.  Is she is more black than that
she is Black Roan Mitt.  She is also a Panda - white head, belly and legs.
Or a light silver or platinum silver.

So many "standards", so many names.

>From:    brooke nelson <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: yellow poopies
>One of them now has yellow poopies.  Could this be a delayed reaction
>to the vacc.? [...] Maybe it is just stress?

Sounds most likely to be just stress if it is an isolated incident.  Most of
what people have been claiming are reactions to vaccines are not reactions
but some stress symptoms - or natural responses to vaccines.

>From:    Christian Miller <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Ferret Foods
>The two brand names are: 8in1 and Kaytee.

8in1 is a fine food.  We prefer Totally Ferret and Iams though.  No comment
on the other.

>If I do switch them over, should it be gradual?

Some have better lucj switching slowly.  We haven't ever had a problm
switching new residents to Iams and or Totally Ferret.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
http://www.zenferret.com/
mailto:[log in to unmask]