From:
Christine Code <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Sep 1996 23:45:53 -0700
>From:    Ronald Rosul <[log in to unmask]>
>... he'll splash some water around, kind of kicking it back towards his
>body (picture a ferret making swimming motions with one arm, then the
>other).  We were curious if any other ferrets out there did anything like
>this (we've noticed this behavior in our other ferrets as well, but don't
>know if its natural or a learned thing).  Any guesses?

Three of my four ferrets do the same thing, and more.  These boys all know
how to stick their fuzzy little heads underwater to retreive raisins from
the bottom of the big water dish in the kitchen, and I think they rather
like a facewash now and again.  Their cages are right next to my bed, and I
have often woken to the sound of a fuzzy sticking his head underwater
several times in a row to start the day.

cmc

--
Christine Code                     We shall find peace.
Vancouver, CANADA                  We shall hear the angels,