Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 12 Jan 1997 01:58:45 +0000
From:
Hosea E Maggard <[log in to unmask]>
FELLOW CALIFORNIANS, WE ARE A SAD BUNCH.

Remember the plea Jeanne Carley of Californians for Ferret Legalization
posted right after christmas.  Yes, it was right after christmas and yes,
everybody is broke right after christmas.  Anyways, I talked to Jeanne
Carley Friday night and she told me that so far she has only received
$300.00.  $200.00 of this $300.00 came from out of state.  I do believe that
there is more than $100.00 worth of ferret lovers in California.  Isn't
there?

YES, I AM ASHAMED TO SAY, I am also guilty of not responding, this being
after christmas and all three of my kid's birthdays, I am so broke it is not
even funny.  Let me assure you that when I get my paycheck on the 20th,
there will be a check for at least $20.00 to Jeanne in the mail.  I am
ashamed that I did not do this earlier.  I was also thinking of contacting
all my former employers (except for the ones I really pissed off) and
sending letters to pet stores and veterinarians in this area and begging for
contributions.  Couldn't hurt, the most I have to lose is time and a few
stamps.  Somehow we ought to be able to drum up some support for Jeanne.

Is everybody in California just sitting there and waiting for Jeanne and
Floyd Carley to take care of this legalization business?  They CAN'T do this
without any support from us, the so-called ferret lovers in California!  We
can't expect them to invest all their time and money while we sit back and
wait for legalization to happen.

Or is it even worse?  Are we such HYPOCRITES that we would sit there and
critisize Marshall Farms and wait and hope that they spend their money and
get us out of this mess?  What if they decide to pull out of this fight,
then are we going to get busy and off our butts?

If I stepped on anybody's toes or hurt anybody's feelings, YOU won't find
any appologies here.  CALIFORNIA, WAKE UP AND SMELL THE FERRETS!!  YOU NEED
TO GET UP AND DO SOMETHING, OUR LITTLE CRITTERS CAN'T SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES.

Any flames directed to me, will be responded to, so if you want to write me
hate mail, go ahead, I am ready.

BTW,  THANK YOU SOOO MUCH TO THE OUT OF STATE PEOPLE THAT CARED MORE THEN
CALIFORNIA.

Ilona, Ferretless in California