From:
Melissa Litwicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Feb 1997 00:19:07 -0500
Well, Friday has started acting even stranger (this is the snortling
ferret).  She's eating and drinking, but is constantly restless and seems to
be 'looking' for something - i say that because she'll skitter around the
room, stop, skitter to another location, stop, and do this for about 10
minutes before putting herself to bed.  However, when she goes to bed, she
doesnt fuss and then fall asleep like most ferrets; she fusses and then
switches hammocks then fusses and switches hammocks again, fusses more, gets
out of her cage and does the entire skitter-around-the-room thing.  Last
night I offered her a treat and she wouldnt take it - she instead dashed out
of the cage, skittered to a corner, cocked her head and then skittered back
to the cage and up into the hammock.

She's still making the weird snortling noise.  These symptoms are also so
vague as to be imaginary, but she's just not normal.  Again, the best
description i have is that she's restless and that she's looking for
something.  Her fussy attempts to sleep imply that maybe she's experiencing
some discomfort?  The vet palpated her abdomen and prodded her pretty good
monday, and she didnt get upset or seem in pain.  Also, it seems strange
because I had her caged all day and evening, but when i let her out she
merely ran around for a few minutes before going back to bed and trying to
fuss herself to sleep.

Sorry for the vague symptoms, but I was wondering if anyone might be able to
match these to something they'd seen.  The most likely explanation i have is
that she's shedding, but i've NEVER seen shedding behavior like thi.  She
just seems too agitated.

Maybe some of the shelter folks out there have seen a ferret like this
before?  She's starting to weird me out because she isnt responding to me
normally.  I mean, she didnt want a *treat*.  That's unthinkable.

Please e-mail,

Melissa

 ___ Melissa Litwicki __ [log in to unmask] ___
 By the whole newsgroup devoted tennis showing
     it after scarfing fork and laughters