From:
Catherine Shaffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Oct 1996 14:40:07 -0500
Ferret fans and friends,

Please tune in your tv sets to Fox network this Sunday, Nov.  3, 9-10 pm for
their special, "When Animals Attack #2." This may or may not have ferret
relevance, but I have been informed that the show includes two pieces of
footage depicting bull terrier (otherwise known as "pit bull") attacks on
people and supports breed specific dog legislation involving bull breeds
(bulldog, rottweiler, bullmastiff, etc.).  I picked this up on a dog mailing
list, so I don't know if ferrets make an appearance or not.  Let us hope
they are not mentioned.  I just thought we could all have a look at the show
so we can be prepared in case the same charges are made against my favorite
"dangerous animals." The mention of "wildlife experts" in the promotional
blurb disturbs me.

The bull terrier people are upset because all bull terriers and bull
terrier owners are being punished for the criminal abuse and mismanagement
of the breed by dog fighters.

You can find this info on the fox home page:
http://www.foxworld.com/spechome.htm

           WHEN ANIMALS ATTACK #2
           Sunday Novenber 3, 1996 - 9:00-10:00PM
           EASTERN/PACIFIC

This is the sequel to last season's huge hit special that looked at our
unpredictable relationship with animals.  In addition to compelling footage
of human encounters with dangerous animals, the show will offer advice from
wildlife experts and animal activists.  Robert Urich returns to host.

-Catherine Shaffer