From:
Sheena Staples <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Sep 1996 08:24:07 -0700
>One night when i was in town i went to see the big guy and was left
>speechless when i saw him.  After the vet checked him out and did some
>X-Rays, he found that the ferret had many tumors and that's what caused the
>large size.

Thanks for your reply.  I have taken Milo to the vet and my vet just laughed
at him really hard and said "wow is he fat".  There is nothing *wrong* with
Milo, except that he is massively obese.  He is large all over, his paws are
huge and I cannot get my fingers to meet when closed around his neck.
Eveything about him is large.  Maybe someone on this list who has seen him
can offer a perspective (Christine?  Steven?).  If you examine his abdomen
you discover that everything is working fine, it's just all covered by a
whole lot of fat.  I asked my vet about x-rays and he said if I wanted to
spend the $$$ I could, but he was pretty confident that Milo just weights a
lot.

Ferrets in the Media:  Ever notice that on MASH, they often refer to Frank
Burns as Ferret Face and a Weasel?

Tia is doing well on his chemo, although he pretends I am killing him when
we load him in the car weekly.  He doesn't enjoy the process, but he has
really perked up a lot and can walk now, albeit somewhat shakily.  He is
living with his sister Spain again, and she grooms him carefully over scars.
Both are eating (Tia had to be hand fed originally and Spain stopped eating
when seperated from Tia) and both are wonderful critters.  That anynone
could have let them get to the condition they were in when we got them makes
me sad and angry, but I always am so grateful that they found a refuge here
with us, where they are safe and loved.

Sheena
Wherret Ferrets Halfway House and Ferretry
Ferret Association of Greater Vancouver