From:
"Gwen M. Daley" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Aug 1996 10:13:44 +0000
Does anyone else's ferret do this?

My big boy, Mo is sedentary by nature ("Gee, if I wait here long enough, the
world will turn beneath me and get me where I want to go") - until it's time
to play the foot game.  There are rules to the foot game (many of which you
apparently need to be a ferret to understand).  Here's the ones I've figured
out:

1. Only Brett (the human in this equation) and Mo can play.  No
substitutions at any time are allowed.

2. Mandatory equipment.  Brett MUST wear white socks.  No black socks, no
red socks, WHITE SOCKS.

3. Playing field.  The hallway or front of bedroom.  No play will be
conducted "out of bounds" under any circumstances, no matter what the human
thinks.

4. Brett kicks off by knocking Mo on his back with his foot and walking
away.  Mo then goes on offense by gallomphing after Brett.  While Brett is
in movement, Mo may grab on to the socks with his front paws only.  If Brett
pushes Mo with his foot, Mo may bite Brett's sock and hold on.  The moment
Brett's foot is placed back on the floor, Mo lets go, and it's kick-off time
again.

They will play this same sequence over and over for hours - long after the
little girls and I are exhausted. Is this just a guy thing?

Just wondering....

Gwen