Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 21 Nov 1996 18:35:22 -0500
From:
Margaret Zick <[log in to unmask]>
Yes, I am still avoiding work so you guys are stuck with my posts.

Poop Messes- a quick and easy way of cleaning up those misses is to use baby
diaper wipes.  They work on any small mess and will take some light stains
off of the carpet.  I have also used them on polyurethane wood floors and
vinyl.  They don't hurt any of these surfaces.  In fact, I got this tip from
a professional carpet cleaner.

Missed a poop and you now have a permently adhered mess to a hard floor
surface?  Get a cheap plastic scraper from your local paint department.
Works great and won't scratch.  And yes, I have used this on polyurethane
wood floors and vinyl.

I think we should gather up the poop and send to NASA.  I think the stuff
would make great adhesive for the tiles on the space shuttle.

Scooping litter-For an easier time at scooping those wood stove pellets use
a plastic bag around your hand.  A great way of doing it.  (Thanks Regina
for that tip)

Litter Boxes--have to attach a box to keep it in the cage corner?  Instead
of arguing with it every time you need to clean it, just put a second pan
inside the attached one for easy removal.  Too simple, huh?  (Thanks Trish
for that tip)

For sick or boarding ferrets--Need to keep a sick ferret isolated from the
rest or taking your's in for boarding?  Wear an old t-shirt or socks around
and then put them in with the ferret.  Remember arm pits and soles of feet
have lots of scent glands.  Making the ferret's bedding smell like you will
make it feel more at home in unusual surroundings.

Water and Traveling--someone, I forgot who sorry, mentioned taking water
with them when they travel to be sure the animal will drink.  Yes, this is a
very common problem with horses but I learned a different way of dealing
with it.  Put a small amount of apple cider vinegar in the water at home for
several days before the trip.  Then add the vinegar to the water wherever
you go.  Similar taste and smell.  I haven't tried it, but I bet that the
liquied ferret vitamins might work the same way.

Any more tips out there? Send 'em in!!

Mo' Maggie