Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 1 Oct 1996 10:59:35 -0700
From:
"M. Taylor" <[log in to unmask]>
BIG informed me that raisins have sugar in them.  Although the ones we have
in our house don't contain it (Sun Maid Golden Raisins), they DO have
"sulphur dioxide added as a preservative." In addition, I think fruits have
natural sugars that cannot be removed, but my point is that you can find
ones on the store shelf that do not contain added sugar that was not
originally found in the grape.

If you think sugar or preservatives sould unhealthy to your ferret (even
though preservatives are needed in pet food and other foods to extend the
shelf life), you can actually make your own.

If you have a food deyhdrator, put grapes (seedless, remove stems) in it for
about 48 hours (2 days).  Check your dehydrator's manual for exact time it
will take.  Our dehydrator seems to take forever, and often things get crisp
if we don't monitor it well, so make sure to "test-taste" every once in a
while.

Dehydrated foods will typically have a long shelf-life, as in a few months,
since the moisture has been removed.  But it is a wonderful and healthy
snack you and your fuzzies can share -- but remember,you can have more than
your fuzzie!  :)

Also, I am wondering about the names you have named your fuzzies.  Where did
you come up with the name?  I was wondering about names for my future fuzzie
today, and finally came up with Pepita Pew.  Since I have to have a female
ferret due to size and less odor (or none), I thought this was a cute
alternative to Pepe Le Pew, since skunks and ferrets are both Mustelids.  If
you have any creative names, send them my way and I will type them up in
here as I get them.

Thanks! And say "dook dook" to your furry critters for me.

[Moderator's note: I mentioned that raisins are full of sugar - not ADDED
sugar, but full nonetheless.

I'll send allcreatures the ferret names list compiled by Anna Adam.  BIG]