Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 7 Sep 1996 16:10:51 -0700
From:
Fran seems to have done some damage but so far no casualties in the ferret
world - lets hope it stays that way.

Just got a call from Jeff Johnston in North Carolina.

He wants me to remind folks in the hurricane damaged areas to treat their
water.  Chemically (one drop of iodine per gallon - no more) or with heat
(boil for 3-5 minutes).

Karen Marsh-Louvourn apparently had a pine tree crsh through her daughter's
bedroom.  The shelter will be closed for at least a few days.  People and
ferrets are fine.  The ferrets just woke up looked around and went back to
sleep.

These folks are from the Triangle area of North Carolina.  Some 80% of the
residents are without power and alot without phone service.

So far Jeff Johnston doesn;t think they need much help.  There might be a
need for ferret sitting while houses are under repair.  Jeff is trying to
contact all the locals.  He doesn;t seem to be able to send email out but
sometimes gets it in.  In the meantime you can try to reach him through us
or through BIG (I'm sending his phone to BIG and I have it) Let either of us
know what you need to get to them.

So far I haven't heard of any problems with the local Virginia or Maryland
shelters, breeders or owners.  We'll let everyone know.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
http://www.zenferret.com/
mailto:[log in to unmask]