From:
Shari Diane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Sep 1996 16:34:52 -0400
Update on Cassidy, the urine dribbling 1yo male fert I sat last weekend:

The owner of Cassidy took him to a local known ferret vet this week.
Cassidy is diagnosed with (surgery #1) a incomplete neuter and/or (surgery
#2) adrenal tumor.  (The day the owner picked up Cassidy, I noticed tail
hair loss when it was bottle-brushed during our evening leash walk, and she
mentioned she noticed it too about a week beforehand.)

Due to somepeoples' questioning about a possible second surgery (namely me
and the fert owner), I quote Troy Lynn Eckert "...testicles are at one end
and the adrenals are up under the kidneys near the rib cage.  To do both
[surgeries] at once, Cassidy would have to be opened up basically from top
to bottom and the vets' don't normally like to put that much stress on
ferrets...two operations at one time puts the ferret under from much longer
and is not good for them."

I am not sure the owner or the vet is requesting a Univ of TN Adrenal Panel.
Hmmm.

Cassidy is scheduled for surgery on Thursday, October 17.  Cassidy will NOT
be able to stay at the ex-boyfriends' during recuperation, due to the care
needed, which the ex is unable to provide.  At this writing, the *current*
roommate still will not let her keep Cassidy indoors.  Please let me know if
you need/know someone who needs a roommate in Raleigh, NC.

Any takers on fert sitting Cassidy from Oct.  17th-27th?  He really is a
sweet boy; gives kisses, stands on his back legs and bear-hugs your arm when
picking him up, litterboxed trained (!), clucks/dooks non-stop, and has the
ability to fall asleep in a humans' arms hindering the human to reach the
remote control and thus suffer thru Dateline.

Please keep him in your thoughts...Shari Gunter
p.s. A special *Thank You* to tle for all her assistance.