From:
David Osmond <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Sep 1996 21:49:30 -0700
Hello just thought I would send a warning out to those that let their
ferrets play with the running vacuum.  Tara the terrible was playing
(attacking the vacuum) when it had enough and grabbed her tail and lower
body.(basically a power head) Needless to say by the time the vacuum was
made to let go we had a very scared and hurt ferret.  Well a quick trip to
the vet later (happened on Sunday, beat the vet there by about 15 minutes).
The vet found a "prolapsed rectum" and a badly scrapped tail and legs.  No
other damage and when she's awake she is very bright eyed and active.
Anyway were using prep H to control the swelling around the anus, tonic lax?
to loosen the stool, she's on .6 cc antibiotic twice a day and we have a
Hibitane/Hydrocort cream for the scrapes and as a precaution both her and
her sister are being dewormed.  She's been separated from her sister for
four or five days to ensure she heals properly.  She's taking all her
medicine fine as long as we dose it with ferretone.

             David, Jennie and the ferrets Tara and Natasha