From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Oct 1996 12:20:20 -0400
We tried the hanging basket and here are the two things our ferrets like to
do with it: Put a toy mouse into it and then try to get it out (which
typically requires many tries while the ferret run backwards holding the
sides of the basket till it's "sitting" on it's lower back), and getting
into it and --somehow-- setting it spinning so that the ferret dozes off
while being gently turned around and around.

In towel drag our's also like to line up lying down so that their sides face
the towel and have it pass over and roll them over, and they relish blanket
toss as much as the next guy.

If ferrets are out when dressing we can't put on a pair of pants without
holding a leg out to side and letting them use the combination of people leg
and pant's leg as a slide.

'Chopper likes to take a handkerchief and dust.  No kidding.  She used to
like to climb on the dining room table and swing by her "hands" from our
small candelier.  Another thing she did when she was younger was to wait on
asurface such as a table top for another ferret to pass underneath and then
it was "Bombs away!" with whatever was handy.

Our's love catnip mousies, rag dolls (which MUST have smiles or they are
ignored), bottles with bells in them, pull toys, stashable toy ferrets,
hanging bells, children's pianos, a wind-up drumming toy for infants (they
let the drum sticks massage their noses on both sides), a bumper flying
saucer which also has a blinking red light, tubes of all types, box mazes,
hanging bells, music boxes, a bubble blowing santa toy, a carpeted roller
toy, a zoob tube, anything they can open, and best of all: daleks.  Around
here daleks = Mo Bob's turtle; they have basins and a wicker trash basket
which they get under and dash blindly around the house.  There is also being
spun in an open hamster ball.

Meltdown and Spot both play mobile hide and seek, a game of their invention
which usually lasts about a half hour but gets us paniced that something may
have gone wrong when they occassionally make it last 2 or 3 hours.

Spotty LOVES to get into a box, lie on his back and twirl a catnip mouse
with all four paws.

Warp will climb all through your clothing if you are in it.

Meeteetse likes to trip people.  AAAArrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh!  She's a people
tipper.  Also, she and Spot like to climb into pants legs and tickle me
behind my knees with their whiskers.

Fritter used to enjoy carefully placing a turd into a small botle cap when
she had to go.

Meltdown and Meeteetse like to sit on my back while I crawl around the house.

Ruffle was a big one for dragging water dishes and for lining raisins up in
patterns.

Hjalmar loved to "fish-fish" and especially liked diving for raisins in
glass bowl.  Then Meltdown would steal the raisins.  He would also play hide
and seek (called "Where's Hjalmar?" with his pudgy bum hanging out and his
tail wagging.

Assorted: Warp adores rattling anything metal, and we do NOT want her in the
recycling or the pot lid drawer.  Helix climbed cloth in a Helix, and Smash
smashed.  Tandy liked to knock down books, put things between the pages, and
close the books.  Hale liked to turd over the edge of our bed, watch fish,
try to yodel, and hold conversations with us.