From:
Philip Langley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Oct 1996 18:08:13 +0800
On Sunday morning there was an ad in the papers - 6 week old kits for sale,
BEWs and sables.  Well - 7am struck and I was on the phone!  Alexia and I
drove three-quarters of an hour to get to the breeder and when we got there,
he walked up to us with TWO little BEWs in his hands.  "Oh," I said, "I
thought you only had one!" "No mate, they are both for sale!" the guy said.
I only had enough cash for one so Alexia chose and we roared back home.

Got home and Philip looked at him, looked and us with our sad puppy dog eyes
and relented, so we jumped in the car and beetled back to the breeder!  The
whole exercise took many hours but gee it was lovely to have them both at
home!

I think six weeks is way too young for them to be taken away from mother and
mentioned that to the fellow but he said that the kits were eating happily
by themselves so ....!  I had no intention of arguing with him - he seemed a
nice guy and his kits were certainly well kept and not nippy at all.  We
decided we should put them with Ruffles and she turned out to be an
excellent surrogate mother.  Dino and Mulder were making their "hhhrrrkkk"
noises and she comforted them with lots of licks and allowed them to wander
all over her head without a murmur!  Poor old Ruffles, she is looking very
unattractive at the moment - I am thrilled to say her vulva has returned to
normal but where her hair is missing, the patches are all blue (hair
regrowth, right?) and so from looking moth-eaten, she now looks weird.  But
she is an adorable, lovable little lady!

Anyway, Mulder will not be replacing Scully however he will certainly be
filling a very empty void in our family!

Many "hhhrrkks" and g'dooks from WA

Nona
The Ferret Centre