Date:
Thu, 3 Oct 1996 02:43:10 -0700
Hello Wonderful Ferret people!

I'm new to the FML (only been reading it for about a week), and new to being
owned by a ferret too (about 6 weeks).  Anyway, I got my little female
albino fuzzy (named Isis, who I think is about 3 to 5 months old) at a local
Scamp's pet store.  They said that all their ferrets had been neutered, and
had recieved both disteper and rabies shots.  I can see where Isis was
neutered (a faint line) but I'n not sure if I believe that she was honestly
vaccinated.  They didn't give me any medical documentation for her :-|

Should I believe the pet store?  Or, should I take her to a ferret-wise vet
and have her checked out and (re?)vaccinated???  Would it place her in any
danger to be vaccinated a possible second time??  I just want her to be
healthy and safe, and to be able to prove that she's not a rabid psycho
ferret.  (altho psycho can sometimes apply ;)

Thanks!

-Brad (the human) : <looking at Isis>"And just whose is keys are
those??"

-Isis (the fuzzy) : <looking innocent>"Mine of course, just like
everything else in this house..."

-Avalon (the rat) : "Ewww.. that fluffy white thing smells funny..."