From:
"FRITZ, GINA M." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Sep 1996 09:56:00 EDT
Hi Ya All:

I can say that my SO is from Oklahoma!  I have bunches and bunches of good
news!!!

First, a big old wet sloppy ferret kiss to Pam Grant!!!  You remember how I
was going back and forth on weather to put Dallas asleep or keep her awake
for her dental cleaning, well I had the vet call me one night and we spoke
for about 1/2 hour.  We decided to do it while she was awake and only put
her under if there was a problem.

Anyway, it worked out fine.  They didn't have to put her under.  Thank you
Pam for taking the time to put together a list of shelters, vets and
contacts.  The vet I have been using I got from your list.  If anyone is
interested Allentown Animal Clinic - Dr. Santiago is aces in our book.

Second, I would like to let you know about another addition to our family.
Samantha!!  Samantha is a 13 year old Doberman I adopted from the shelter.
Her owners dropped her off 7 or 8 months ago.  She is having some medical
problem but I am willing to try if she is.  She is a good dog and extremely
well trained.

I would also like to share a story with you.  This happened to one of my
friends:

 ------------
We have a new addition to our family!  This is a sad story with a happy
ending.  Mark went to his dad's house to retrieve our lawn mower.  The
people renting the apartment upstairs from him (our old apartment!) were
watching a little female ferret for a friend that went back to Slovakia.
Well, these guys didn't like the way it smelled so they first had it in the
little hallway at the bottom of the stairs.  Then, sometime this summer,
they put her cage outside.  I think they just put her out there to die
because when Mark went to get the mower on Saturday morning, he went to
check her out.  He said she was so skinny and the cage was a mess and she
had no food or water.  So he took her!

Gina, when he gave her to me she was skinnier than Spunky was when he died!
This poor little thing is skin and bone!  She must weigh 1/3 or 1/2 lb.!!
You can feel every single rib, every bone in her hips.  You can even feel
her heart beat through her feet!  Well, as soon as I got her I put some food
in my hand and she ate like a little pig.  Miraculously, she has energy.  I
don't know where she gets it from, but she is SOOOOO skinny.  So we set her
up in Chippy's old cage.  We kind of have her quarantined - although other
than being skinny, she's pretty healthy.  The boys LOVE her, although she's
not sure if she likes them back yet.  They crawl all over her cage when
they're out.  (I let them out at different times for the start.  I don't
want to rush or force them to be friends.)

I'm so glad that Mark took her.  She surely would have died if he didn't.  I
can't imagine how she survived those hot days in her fur coat.  Mark stopped
by his dad's house on Sunday and those guys just happened to be in his
house.  No one said anything about the ferret.  I don't think they even
realize that she's missing yet!!

Mark took the ferret on Saturday, on Tuesday afternoon Nancy received a call
from her father-in-law stating someone stole the ferret.  They were just
checking on her on Tuesday????  Well, the new baby - - Violet, went to the
vet last week and other than needing some weight she is in great health.

Take Care,

Taylor, Dallas and Mom Gina