From:
"Gwen M. Daley" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Sep 1996 09:17:39 +0000
I recently picked up a bag of 8-in-1 at our local Walmart, and fed it to my
little ones (we had been using Marshall Farms food).  Two of the fuzzheads
took to it right away, especially after I drenched it in linatone.  The
third fuzzbutt (my little psychotic BEW, Lulu) doesn't eat if the other two
are watching her, so we weren't too concerned when we didn't see her eating
it.

Three days ago, I picked her up to play with her, and was alarmed by how
skinny she had become - she felt like a piece of styrofoam!  Anyway, I sat
with her and tried to feed her the 8-in-1 by hand, and she would have none
of it.  Just to get some calories into her, I fed her some Rice Krispies
(please don't flame me, it was the only thing at hand), and then ran out to
the store and got her some of her old food.  She's getting nice and fat
again - phew!

Has anyone else had problems getting their ferrets to accept 8-in-1?  Lulu
is an adventurous eater, she isn't usually finicky at all, but she wouldn't
even lick the linatone off of the 8-in-1 stuff.

Gwen

Gwen M. Daley
http://www.vt.edu:10021/G/gdaley/gmd.html
Department of Geological Sciences