From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Sep 1996 11:46:28 -0500
There was an add in the Wichita Kansas newpaper for ferrets for sale.
(Thanks Deana for the tip)
Ferret babies $50, Breeder ferrets $35.  (316) 378-3946.

Another member called and found out the following info (Thanks Joy).  She
has 40 breeder ferrets and 5 babies(3mos.old).  She keeps them in individual
outdoor pens.  No vaccines.  Feeds Purina Cat Chow.  Colors are albino and
sable.  The breeders do bite.  Babies are beginning to.  Babies are not
fixed or descented.  Says they are all healthy.  Son started the breeding
8years ago then quit and she and her husband took over.  Now she wants to
travel.  Said a deal can be made if someone wanted all of them.  I asked her
about the females needing to be bred or fixed and she more or less thought
it was a myth.  Said she bred when they came into heat and if it didn't take
she would rub vaseline on their privates and put them back in the cage.
Said she's never lost one.  I guess she's lucky.  She is located about 1 1/2
hours from Wichita.  She's in the Independence-Chanute area.  She also runs
a bird farm.

Any takers out there to help us get these babies into good homes??  As far
as I know they are not ECE infected.  Any ideas or suggestions are most
certainly welcome.  Any shelters with waiting lists needing ferrets??

Help us please!  My home phone is (913) 456-8337 evenings after 6:30
central time.

Hugs to all.  tle