From:
Pamela Greene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Aug 1996 18:42:14 -0400
I no longer have enough time to keep the Ferret Photo Gallery maintained as
well as I'd like.  So, I'm looking for a volunteer to carry the torch.
Ideally, I'll keep the first six pages and perhaps the Gallery index, and
someone else will completely take over the job of adding pictures and more
pages, putting them on his/her own WWW server.

Requirements:
* Some WWW server space, probably under 1 MB for at least a while
* Knowledge of fairly basic HTML, or willingness to learn
* Access to and knowledge of an image-editing program (e.g., Photoshop) for
  simple stuff (crop, change color depth, change resolution, adjust
  brightness/contrast)
* Access to a decent graphics format-conversion program (e.g., GIFconverter)
  to make GIFs and JPEGs
* Time to get photos ready and install them in the Gallery pages
* Enough enthusiasm and dedication to keep up with it all
* NOT a scanner.  Someone else has already offered to handle scanning of
  photos for people who don't have scanners themselves.

Benefits:
* Fame and glory.  Well, maybe not, but I do get messages nearly every
  day from people who rave about the Gallery.
* A warm fuzzy feeling from providing a service to the whole Internet
  ferret community
* The chance to see Gallery pictures before anybody else, and sometimes
  decide that one isn't good (in-focus, interesting, bright) enough to be
  included
* Did I mention the fame and glory?

I can provide advice and templates for new pages, so the whole thing
keeps a consistent look.

If you're interested, let me know.  Until someone takes it over, I'll
probably be putting a hold on new additions, at least once page 6 is
filled.

--
- Pam Greene
Ferret Central <http://www.optics.rochester.edu:8080/users/pgreene/>