Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 13 Sep 1996 10:50:50 -0400
From:
"Michael Dutton, DVM, DABVP" <[log in to unmask]>
**The advice dispensed by myself in reference to FML postings is not meant
to supplant the advice of veterinarians who are in charge of the patient.
If the patient is not currently under the care of a veterinarian, the client
is recommended to take their ferret to one.**

>From:    Chris Nielsen - AIS <[log in to unmask]>
>...  One of her little sprites named Natalie had begun to show symtoms of a
>possible adrenal tumor.  She went into surgery this afternoon and the vet

Expect that if the vet did not get it all, the signs will not subside or
quickly recur.  This ferret would be a candidate for another surgery or
medical therapy with Lysodren.

>From:    Michelle Z Matta <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Insulinoma??
>All this talk of Insulinoma makes me curious about the start of this
>sickness....

Can be either the start (that you notice) or more advance.  It s dependent
on the blood sugar and how well the ferret compensates for that lower blood
sugar.

Mike Dutton, DVM, DABVP
Weare Animal Hospital
Weare, NH