From:
Adrienne Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Sep 1996 10:29:36 -0400
Ferrets & Snow

Ferrets can handle some play in the snow.  We used to take Rikki out after a
good storm to frolic & play and she absolutely loved it.  I think they can
handle the cold better than they can handle the heat.  Actually, your
ferrets are more likely to get sick due to heat than cold.  Heat exhaustion
& heat stroke are much more likely to hurt your ferret than cold will.  The
idea that Cold makes people or ferrets sick is an old wives tale.  Just look
at the lush fluffy coat God gave your ferret as an indication to the sort of
climate your ferret can handle.

We never let her play in it for more than 5-10 minutes, which was ample time
for her to dig a nice tunnel system in the snow.  As soon as she had enough,
she would climb into mom's coat and warm right up.  As long as the
temperatures are not sub zero, a little frolic in the snow will not hurt
your ferret.

Adrienne
Willie, Oscar, Nikita, Sampson, Bear & Daisy

Happiness is a dancing ferret