From:
Sheena Staples <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Sep 1996 19:15:43 -0700
Well, our vet - who is the greatest man alive - came up with a couple of
fundraisers that might help out other clubs with equally kind vets.

We approached him with the idea of a discount vaccination clinic, sort of to
*encourage* people to get their ferrets vaccinated.  We settled on this
being available to Ferret Association members only.  So Dr. Brondwin agreed
to do a clinic, $21.50 per distemper shot and $20.00 for rabies.  That's
about half of normal vaccination prices her in Vancouver.  However, he made
it even better and offered to donate $5.00 from every vaccination to the
shelter.  Hey, even if only 10 people were to show up, that's $50.00 for us,
and that's a few bags of food.  So far, we have about 20 ferrets signed up.

Then he snatched me into his office and had another really great plan (he
was on a roll, I think).  He said that if the Ferret Association members
flashed their membership cards when they brought him their business, 5% of
every bill would be donated to the ferret club / ferret shelter.  We bring
him a lot of business, because we praise him so highly, so we kind of do
good turns for one another.

These are just a couple of ideas that might work for you and your shelter,
and it's good PR for your vet, so the doc might view it that way and be
really excited about it.  So run it by your vets - the worse thing they can
do is refuse, right?

Sheena and the Wherret Ferrets
Wherret Ferrets Halfway House and Ferretry
Ferret Association of Greater Vancouver