From:
Angelique van Rijn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Sep 1996 06:42:38 -0400
Hi, all!

First of all I'd like to thank Nona and Regina for their words in the
today's (24 sept) FLM.  It's good to see that things worked out fine with a
lot of patience and understanding.  Nona, I'm happy for you that everything
worked out fine!  I'm sure you have a warm relationship with a very happy
fuzzy!  Regina: you said the right words!

When I first saw my four rescue-ferrets, (they all came to me at te same
time, they were "roommates") I could not believe that there are people in
this world who are able to harm a little, tiny fuzzy like these albino
girls.  Just can't believe it.  The reactions of people who told me that I
had to pull them down... They made me really angry!  `,-(]

That's the easy way!  These people did not saw the beautiful characters
inside of this ferrets!  They were blind, and I feel sorry for them.  I
think that when we listened to them, and pulled them down, we were than, now
and in the future not able to look our other ferts straight in the eyes.

If we did that, we missed a lot of fantastic new ferret-games (these girls
are still inventing new games!) and happy fuzzies, running to our chair,
climbing in our trousers, giving us a quick hug and running further to play
with the toys in our house and the other ferrets.  It's so beautiful when I
see their happy eyes now, I'm sure they did not forget the past, I'm sure
they are fully aware of their happiness now.  Such a quick hug in their
playtime means to me a big Thank You!

Maybe it was easier for this ferrets to be in a group, they all went through
the same horrible things in the past, and in my home they all had to deal
with facts as: hands, food, love, more food, more love... etc.  I think they
helped eachother a bit.  And when 3 ferrets were not going very well, but
one ferret did not bite when we had her in our hands for 15 minutes (!) : ),
that ferret was the sunshine of the day!  When she was doing well, the
others would survive too!

It's a very big challenge to deal with biting ferrets, but... when there is
another biting ferret coming to our house, we would do exactly the same.

It's good that there is a FLM right now, where people can write down their
story, tell everybody about their doubts.  It's great to know that there are
wonderful people in the whole world (!) who immediately "pick up their
'pooter' " to write an answer to private mail or FLM.  For all people with
ill ferrets or biting ferrets or "anonymous" ferrets this is the place to be
when a good and careful answer is needed.  I'm proud to join this fantastic
ferreting FLM.

~~Hugs and Dooks from Angelique and her Jumpin' Nine! ~~