From:
Matthew Buehler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Sep 1996 15:26:00 PDT
Hi hi,
Here we go, several basic questions:
1. Our two ferts, Rizzo and Bandit, had their first vet visit the other day
   and were just fine.  The vet told us that they should be getting
   heart-worm pills, does anyone know more about this?  An un-knowing desk
   clerk almost gave us pills meant for a 25 lb dog!

2. In the process of their wrestling and play-fighting (we deem it play
   fighting since they both come back for more, ie, neither is consitantly
   trying to get away) anyway, during this, we think that Bandit is
   developing hair-balls (from Rizzo's fur ;).  What do you recommend for
   ferret hair-balls?

3. Along the ferret/cat food line, I was wondering if the person who
   denounced 'cat' food was including 'kitten' food in the same statements?
   We have been feeding our two IAMS kitten food and they seem perfectly
   happy with it, and they certainly haven't stopped growing!  We had a bag
   of MF ferret food at first, but not only did it smell terrible, but it's
   main ingredient was fish (hence the nasty, low-tide smell) and it was
   pellet shaped, both of which I am told ferts don't like.

Thanks in advance for any help, and thanks to all who wrote about the
nail/ferretone problems we were having.

 -Mat, Dianne, Bandit and Rizzo

ps - The vet gave us some new ferretone-like stuff that both of our ferrets
   absolutely LOVE, I will get the name and post it here, it came in a sort
   of medicinal bottle .  .  .