From:
Dani Lucking <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Sep 1996 20:04:43 -0500
Dani back again.  I swear sometimes I think I spend more time with the FML
than with my furries.  Anyway, my angel ferret Chester <RB> used to bite
people's noses when you tried to cuddle him close.  He was still a baby and
teething, but man, could he make your eyes water.  Not bloody or extremely
painful, just a sensitive area, you know.  Anyway, we would scold him and it
became a game.  He never really bit hard, unless you let him.  He would lick
the end of your nose for a while then look at you and slowly open his mouth
and slowly get closer.  "I'm gonna get your nose!  I mean it, I'm gonna get
it." We'd move out of the way of impending doom.  Then he started all over.
Lick, lick, lick... open mouth..  bite!  He seemed to enjoy this and we
thought it was terribly cute.  I miss him so much.  Eddie and Little Bit
remind me of him a lot.  Except he was the most cuddly ferret!  None of the
new guys do that.  I still give them time, though.

We also love to mess with the little furry minds.  They love the cardboard
tube.  It is at least 2 1/2 feet and they think it is the magic tunnel
because they come out the same end they went in!  We just turn the tube
around after they crawl in and they scurry to... the same place they went
in!  Eddie is so entertained by this that he runs out and turns around as
fast as he can and lunges back in, I think he is trying to race me to see if
he can come out on the OTHER side.

Not that the others don't do cute things, but Eddie seems to be the smartest
and therefore gets into more things.  He is also extremely cute and so he
does it in the cutest ways.  The funniest thing he does is to stick his head
in a dixie cup and *RUN* until he bumps into something.  He then pushes the
cup off his head to see where he is.  Then, back in the cup he goes,
galloping off until he stumbles over something or into something.  We were
laughing so hard, we couldn't breathe!!  Hysterical to see, trust me.  Guess
I should go fix dinner now so we can spend some quality time with all the
poop monsters!  Later!

Dani Lucking                              [log in to unmask]