From:
Chuck Renaud <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Aug 1996 16:07:15 +0600
>Date:    Mon, 29 Jul 1996 11:45:12 -0600
>From:    Katie Walker <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: The Milwaukee County Zoo

>This weekend I went to the the Milwaukee County Zoo with my cousin...
>...The problem was the sign that they had for the ferrets.  It said
>"Ferrets Habitat: Woodlands, and Fields".  They were domestic ferrets
>that they were showing ...

Good luck, I'd be happy to send a letter as well.  When I saw ferrets there
I got excited (neither of the Chicago zoos had ferts last I saw)...until I
heard them portray the animals as "wild" (they were actually telling people
this).  I made the comment that those were domestic ferrets and their
response was--these are endangered animals that were captured from the wild.
They obviously confused black-footed with domestic (these were definitely
not black-footed ferrets...I've only seen those at the St.  Louis Zoo).  I
gave up and left, though there were several people there who backed me up.

I didn't follow through with anything, though the more stories I hear
(bloodsucking vampire ferrets, for example) the more I regret not acting on
it.  I don't think you're nitpicking at all...I now plan on writing a letter
and making a phonecall about it.

Thanks for the info,

   / Chuck Renaud <[log in to unmask]> /
 /    http://shoga.wwa.com/~crenaud/    /