From:
Sharon Burbine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jul 1996 15:58:05 -0400
What would cause a ferret to eat his bedding.  What is being used is flannel
sheets.  Also noticed holes in my socks that he steals!!!  Actually caught
him chewing on a sock (cotton).

Is there anyway of stopping him from eating these materials?  I've removed
them from his cage, but am worried about his warmth this winter.  He shares
his cage with Amber who does not do this behavior.  He does have a hammock
and has not started dining on that yet so I left it.

He is caged when I am not home and is loose when I am.  Usually gets out on
the average 7 hours a day.  They are all fed Totally Ferret/Iams Kitten/Excel
mixture.  He just turned 16 weeks old and is in excellent health.

Anyone ever experienced this and what did you do.  Would appreciate any
suggestions especially for alternative bedding.

Happy Ferreting,

Sharon Burbine &
Lebby - I rule the roost and I'm the smallest!
Chi Chi - I got to ride the train!
Amber - The flesh biter!
Sheba - AKA - the screamer!
Wolfie - The baby who likes to dine on cotton flannel.