From:
James Hensley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jul 1996 11:09:11 -0400
>What's happenening the past few days is that Dare will wake up between three
>and four o'clock in the morning, and start making a racket wanting to get
>out of his cage.

Been there...
Both of my ferrets go through phases like that.  I've always thought they
are just lonely and looking for some attention.

My first ferret used to get up several times a night and rattle the bars or
her cage, but it only lasted a couple of weeks and I guess she got fed up.
My second one used to cry when she was a baby until I got up and held her.
Once she grew out of that, she became a bar-rattler for awhile, but at the
moment they are both sleeping until dawn (which is still a little too early
- but I can't convince them of that).

I would try to ignore the racket for awhile, since the discipline thing
isn't working.  He'll probably settle down if he knows that making a racket
won't get your attention.

ObFunnyFerretStory:  (well, in retrospect maybe:)
The great thing about record clubs are - they're cheap.  The worst thing is
you get 7 new disks all at once and you feel obligated to listen to them all
immediately.

I'm lying in bed at the crack of dawn.  My idiot ferrets are bouncing around
my room keeping my awake.  Then I hear "ssst, ssst, ssst" (the sound of
something sliding accross the top of my CD player), then "SHMANG!" (the
sound of seven brand new CDs falling four feet and smashing on the floor).
I roll out of bed and see both idiots dancing all over the CDs which were
lucky enough to escape from their cases.  Oh well, at least they were
cheap...

jimbo, mia and pace